Wednesday 28 August 2013

Outfit Post and Life Update: Moving In To London

Hi, Im back from Greece, the most amazing holiday ever! I've been a lot more active on Twitter recently and haven't had much time for blogging because I have finally moved out of home and into my student accommodation in London. Woohoo! I've been here for a few days now; today I went for a wander around Whitechapel and down Brick Lane, seeing as it's within walking distance. Picked up a few things like hangers, cling film etc (living the glamorous life), but it's so different being on a student budget so I'm constantly on the hunt for bargains. I had my first pot noodle - surprisingly okay but a bit chewy and attempted to enrol at the uni for the second time (yesterday I didn't have the right documents) but they had closed early which was a bit annoying because not only does that mean I have to come back again tomorrow, but I'm wasting my food money on train tickets because I can't get an Oyster card until I've enrolled! 
Anyway, I'm enjoying this new life and the independence, it's always tough meeting new people but most of us here are on the same course and I'm starting to remember names a bit better. One of the great things about being here is that anything goes. I'm starting to experiment more with my wardrobe and going out in things I'd be too shy to wear back at home just because I'd be worried I'd stand out too much. For example, I've had the fringe/no fringe dilemma, but now I just don't worry about it, which feels quite liberating. Today's outfit was definitely a bit of an experiment; I'm wearing a large top as a dress, and wearing it backwards so that it's a high neck, with a jumper that's worn as a cardigan. The tights seemed necessary as I didn't want to feel too exposed even though it's been lovely and warm today, and I'm also wearing little black brogues. 























Top (worn as a dress) - New Look / Jumper (worn as cardigan) - New Look / Velvet belt - Primark / Tights - Primark / Backpack - Primark

Hopefully I'll now have more time to blog, even if they're just short updates. Luckily my new room has this lovely huge white wall (which has to stay blank because we're not allowed to stick anything on them) so I'll be more tempted to take some outfit photos, and hopefully I will continue to be more experimental with what I wear :)
P.S. My course starts next Monday! Eeekkk!





14 comments:

  1. Must be so annoying not being able to get an Oyster Card, I don't even want to imagine what it would be like having to get train tickets everywhere! I love your jumper and top though, such a lovely outfit! Best of luck at Uni!

    Jess / www.gingerlypale.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just a massive waste of money, but too far to walk. Thanks very much :) xx

      Delete
  2. Love that you're back :) It is so nice that you are staying in London, where you can just be you. That's also the reason why I love to go there on holiday, just because nobody is judging you by the way you look. You can just dress like you want to. In my hometown in Belgium it isn't possible either, people will definitely give you a weird look if you stand out while being yourself.
    Anyway, I'm glad that everything is okay and that you are enjoying yourself. It all must be quite exciting, but you'll definitely find your way and make some really nice friends there!
    Good luck next Monday!

    Sofie x
    http://littlegreensofie.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, forgot to tell you, I really like your outfit! Wearing your dress backwards, such a clever idea! Have to give that a try. x

      Delete
    2. Wow thanks for the lovely comment! I've already made a few friends and gone exploring (it's all so different at night!!) The only problem with wearing the dress backwards is that it doesn't really accommodate boobs hehe, but luckily this to is big enough so it's kinda like a loose-fitting dress :)
      xxx

      Delete
  3. I love this outfit!! :)

    www.heavenlyclutter.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the outfit! It must be amazing living so close to Brick Lane, I would have to refrain myself from buying loads haha. Good luck with your new course on Monday :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh believe me I'm so tempted! There are so many vintage shops and old music stores <3

      Delete
  5. cute outfit. come check out my latest post :)
    http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/2013/08/truly-sweet.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a cute dress! you look lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sooooo jealous your in London I want to come on your course with you!! Loved the bit about the pot noodle hahaha, bit chewy! You look a bit like Alexa Chung in that last photo! Your so pretty Georgina! Looking forward to more of your posts and updates. Plus lovely outfit, love your backpack! x

    http://www.heldtogetherbypins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeep thanks Paige, come and visit me pleease!! Wow, you really think I look like Alexa?? *-* I might be going to her book signing next week hopefully :D
      xxx

      Delete
  8. Ah living in London must be so fun!! You look so cute :)
    Lucia's Loves
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I read every single one.
Pop back again soon!
x

P.s. please no 'follow for follow'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...